Friday, September 16, 2011

I'm Back!

Okay, I know it has been awhile so I'll give an update of the happens at the Kindrick's. School has been off and running and has been going well thus far. I started the year with 17 little kiddos. This by far has been my best class, EVER! It makes me so happy and makes going to work a joy knowing I don't have to chase anyone out from under the table because they are upset or have them sit and cry until they have to be removed from my room. Sixth year is a charm I guess. This week was CRAZY! We started the year with 7 classes, as that is what we had last year and I guess the numbers projected looked high for us again. Well, like I said I had 17 and the other 6 classes had about that many also. I guess Katy ISD thought we didn't have enough per class because they rocked our world and decided to take a 7th teacher away and make it be 6. The rule is usually the last hired would be first to go. You see we are contracted to the district, not a particular campus. Julie was our art teacher last year and was hired as our 7th teacher the end of July, so it would be her that would be transferred. But instead Neely decided to take the offer and move to a different campus and different grade level. It was a tough day. Then our other teammate Erin, who is pregnant with twins went to her regular dr. appointment and her blood pressure was so high she needed to be admitted to the hospital. They got it stabilized and her and babies are doing well. But, she will not be back until February, after the babies are born!! Yikes, we were thrown quite a loop this week! I will dearly miss Neely, she was my planning partner for science and social studies. She is a wonderful, dedicated teacher and I know she will excel in her choice to move. I will also miss Erin until she returns, because beside my team leader, she has been here for me all 6 years of teaching at WME. It is amazing what kind of relationships have been built in teaching with these amazing ladies. I love our team because we have all gotten along so well, at school and outside of school. We go to each others kids birthday, we go to weddings, showers, anything you name it and we are there for each other. I guess I was going to update on everyone. Jerimiah is doing well also. He is back in his Life Skills class and loves those kids. He has also been helping out with some volleyball games and he also takes class Monday and Wednesdays. Weeks seem to fly by with us being so busy. We have also started our new year of small groups and are very excited to start a new study with the book Radical. Oh and every other Tuesday I meet with my wonderful friends for an accountability group. I love these girls also! We share so much in common in our lives as mothers, wives and Christian friends. I don't know what I do without them knowing that they are all praying for us and I for them weekly about things that are on their hearts. I feel like I can be so open and real with them because they are feeling so many of the same things and dealing with similar things. It is amazing to see how God brings us to the people in our lives.I've said it before but I will say it again, I am so so grateful for this special group of friends that we have found at Kingsland. This is getting kind of long so I guess I'll end. May all you who read this be blessed this weekend.

No comments: